Jun 14, 2011

NOTW aka Nail of the Week


I am going to try to keep this up do a new polish weekly.

This look I did on Sat. I used:

Confetti Nail Polish in White Knight - Could be a dupe for Essie's Marshmallow
Sally Hansen Crackle Polish in Vintage Violet.
Seche Vite Top Coat.

I promise to learn how to paint my nails correctly. I am a former nail bitter. I would bite my nails so much that the tips would hurt/burn/sting. I suppose it was a nervous tick but biting my nails was my bad habit since I was a little girl. My mom would bribe me all the time "let your nails grow and I'll buy a pretty ring" She bought garlic nail polish, nail polish that tasted like hot peppers etc. I would still bite my nails. I then got into the acrylic nail craze and that made my nails 100x worse. It wasn't till about 2006 that I stopped getting acrylic on my nails and I started using press on's for any event I would stop at CVS and pick up Broadway Nails's French Manicure Short Style and I'd glue them on, they would last about 2 weeks.

I got sick of buying the press on's and in Nov.2009 for my friend's birthday weekend, we decided to do our own nails and I painted my nails a LOUD silver. In all the pictures I could see the teeny tiny nubs and I thought to myself, I am 29 yrs old with teeny nubs on my big ole hands, this habit has to end. After that weekend I stopped biting my nails and I continued painting them and was recommended Seche Vite. I used Seche Vite as a base coat and top coat, I have to say that I owe my strong, long nails to Seche Vite. It's been a colorful ride since then and now I have a HUGE caboodle dedicated to my nail polish obessesion. (because I don't have enough obessesions)

MY NUBS November 2009:

No comments: